100 Technique Meme Challenge
How it works:
Please pick one of the following techniques and announce which number you are going to complete. Comment on this journal to do so.
Once you complete the task, post it in the 100 Technique Meme Challenge Folder (which is this one here: deviantart-academy.deviantart.…
), stating the number of the chosen technique in the deviation title, then comment on this meme here again - linking to your deviation in your comment is very helpful.
Each one you do will award you 1 credit.
1. Draw something with a stereotypically feminine theme or style. (Flowers, pastel colours, beautiful subjects?)
2. Draw something with a stereotypically masculine theme or style. (Action, explosions, rough lines and angles?)
3. Draw an imaginary object.
4. Use traditional inks. Colour with colour pencils.
5. Do a traditionally inked lineart, coloured with one or two colours only.
6. Draw a drawing and colour it with three shades of one colour only.
7. Draw something cute.
8. Draw something very simple.
9. Draw something very small. (for example; 3 x 3 inches)
10. Draw something very big. (for example; a poster or use the whole sheet of paper)
11. Draw anything with animals. If you usually draw these often, draw a human.
12. A traditional painting using ONLY acrylic/watercolour/oil-colours, etc
13. Draw something you've never drawn before. (Example: An old man)
14. Do several sketches of the object/subject you have the most trouble drawing.
15. Traditional draw something using colour pencils only NO GRAPHITE!
16. Draw an image of a body part of a human or animal that ISN'T the face.
17. Draw a bird flying.
18. Draw a portrait of a live human of your choice. Caricature or realistic.
19. Design a decorative outfit of your liking.
20. Draw an imaginary/existing building.
21. Draw an animal with surrealism added to it.
22. Draw someone with a larger build. (Chubby? Muscular?)
23. Draw someone very thin.
24. Draw a still life.
25. Draw an anthropomorphic character.
26. Do a drawing using your feet.
27. Draw a person with one exaggerated body part (Nothing inappropriate, the belly doesn't count)
28. Draw a picture without erasing anything, including the sketches and mistakes ~Rana-chan
29. Draw something seasonal.
30. Draw something using shading only. (Black on white, etc)
31. Draw something using lighting only. (White on black, etc)
32. Draw one of your human-characters as an animal/one of your animal-characters as a human.
33. Draw someone as a punk or in any other outrageous fashion.
34. Draw something beautiful and ugly together. Use your imagination!
35. Draw something that is supposed to arouse positive emotion from the viewer (amusement, joy, sympathy). You can use both technique and the subject of the drawing to achieve this.
36. Draw something that is supposed to arouse negative emotion from the viewer (sadness, nausea, anger). You can use both technique and subject of the drawing to achieve this.
37. Draw something that deciphers an emotion with technique and colours. Avoid drawing the face, if you must add a person in it as well. Extremes are very good, like misery, anxiousness and joy.
38. Draw something with no same colour used twice.
39. Do a drawing using only two colours.
40. Cg (or use traditional media) for a drawing in black and white.
41. Cg/traditional draw a face, male or female. Design a decorative makeup/tattoo to decorate the face.
42. Sketch a dynamic pose of a human. Feet can't touch ground and hands can't be on sides of the waist.
43. Draw something with not your usual style. Be it a mock or not.
44. Do a pencil-drawing with pencil/charcoal and eraser only, and finish it with proper shading and such.
45. Draw something very detailed.
46. Draw something surreal. (Eg. a pencil with wings)
47. Do a traditional pencil-sketch coloured with watercolours.
48. Draw the human figure with correct proportions (tip: Use reference!).
49. Take two photos of ordinary everyday objects. Try and combine the two by drawing them into a whole new object.
50. Cg a drawing (or use traditional media) without a sketch or a lineart. Begin with the colours and continue with the colours only.
51. Draw an imaginary/existing landscape.
52. Pick two characters (your own or someone else's), male and female. Swap their genders!
53. Take a photo, and cg a drawing on it, like the character or the drawings belongs into the photograph. OR draw it traditionally, cut it out, and stick it on!
54. Draw something without lifting your pencil off the paper.
55. Draw a character doing two things at once. Standing/breathing are not allowed. It must be dynamic.
56. Draw a character doing four things at once. Same notes as above.
57. Draw your characters or someone else's in a photo booth. Do 3 pictures.
58. Draw your favourite food!
59. Draw someone in front of a mirror.
60. Draw something using only straight lines.
61. Listen to a song, and illustrate what it reminds you of or what visuals it brings to your mind.
62. Do a drawing using your non-primary hand.
63. Do a finger-painting.
64. Draw one of your classmate's characters in another style.
65. Create a wallpaper for your desktop using your own art. Send a screenshot of it.
66. Pick a small object and enlarge it. Make sure all details are visible.
67. Design five different hats in five different materials. (Metal, paper, plastic, fabric, wood?)
68. Draw a kiss.
69. Draw a rock band.
70. Draw an image that has a message you support. (eg. No smoking)
71. Put your playlist on random, pick a song, find the lyrics for it and choose a random line or two which you will illustrate.
72. Pick one of your old, old drawings, and redraw it.
73. Draw an image, copy it three times and colour each differently/with different colours. Challenge yourself: use different media for each if you want.
74. Draw an image, copy it three times and colour each with a different light-source and/or type of lighting.
75. Draw a short comic of 3-7 panels.
76. Draw a diary-like comic of your day. (e.g. today was hectic, I missed the bus today)
77. Illustrate a person's change of expression through a comic (3-5 panels)
78. Cg (or use traditional media) for a drawing, colouring it with three depths of shades and three depths of lighting.
79. Try doing one of your teachers' styles.
80. Do a sketch, then its lineart, then colour. Use an hour or more for every step.
81. Do a sketch, then its lineart, then colour. Use an hour or less for every step.
82. Cg a drawing using tools that mimic brushes and tools in traditional media. OR use traditional media that you've never used before.
83. Draw something for one of your teachers!
84. Draw something from the bird-eye view.
85. Paint something with coffee, strong tea or any other food-substances. Go crazy! OR simply use watercolours if you aren't crazy!
86. Draw a battle.
87. Draw 5 chibis, one of each of your teachers' characters.
88. Do a cg using magic-wand (lasso tool, or any selection tool) and fill-tool only. OR do a traditional piece only using geometric shapes.
89. Draw a vehicle.
90. Draw something with foreshortening. (Do not mistake this for perspective!)
91. Draw something and colour it. Then draw the same image with opposite colors.
92. Open a book near you and draw what's happening on the page. Picture books are not allowed.
93. Close your eyes and draw five scribbles in red on a piece of paper. Then, try to make a drawing or character out of each scribble.
94. Put tiny splotches of watercolour on paper and wait for them to dry. Add lines to the splotches with a pen and see if you can make them something else than just drops of colour.
95. Choose a character or subject and draw it in a single or three different compositions three times, experimenting with a different line type/weight/dynamic in each one.
96. Choose three different media and three distinct textures (Wood, lace, plastic?). Create three compositions.
97. Take a sheet of paper and fill it by drawing objects and people from life. Make it a pile of sketches rather than a controlled piece. Try and colour the finished result.
98. Draw your character with one of your classmate's characters or one of your teacher's.
99. Take three or four pieces of traditional media and make an image using only those tools. Eraser doesn't count! Be sure to list what materials you used.
100. Hit "random deviant" button until you find a deviant with an original character. Draw it, and no skipping! (Show it to the person, too! Perhaps you'll make a friend!)
Credit to: #100techniquememe