General Information About Classes/Crash course/Seminar and workshop/Lecture
While each class has different mediums and instructors that vary in teaching methods, all courses will be the same in the fundamental structure. Here are some important things to know if you are planning to take a class at the DeviantArt Academy.
- Only three classes per term, per student.
- While they are teaching their own classes, instructors are allowed to sign up for one class only.
- Each course has a limited number of slots available. Please respect your instructor's decisions regarding student class placement.
- Each course will contain homework of varying amounts. Don't think you're off the hook just because it's online! We like to see work from students. If uploading assignments becomes a problem, you may fail or be asked to leave the class.
- Generally, lessons will be uploaded each week to the group. Keep an eye out!
- You may take certain classes multiple times, depending on whether or not the instructor will present new material.
New Changes for classes - seminars, lectures, and crash course available! More info here
SPRING TERM Classes Available Intro Shading
(seminars) Instructor StripesandangelwingsPrerequisites: The ability to outline human or animal figures (intermediate)
I. Light Source/Making Shapes look 3-D
-Media: graphite pencils (lead or mechanical), smudging paper (or a paper towel), sketch paper (thicker quality preferred)
-Small assignment which I will draw up and students will shade.
-Presentation: A tutorial style deviation by myself and a possible demonstration via video on youtube
II. Basic Coloring and Shading using a Cartoon Subject
-Media: GIMP (or another photo-rendering system, but GIMP is free)or colored pencils (good quality; a minimum of crayola is preferrable)
-Assignment: Draw a cartoon character (cartoon or human) and color and shade it like I have shown
-Presentation A tutorial style devition by myself and a possible demonstration via youtube
III. Advanced Shading with a realistic subject:
-Media: GIMP (or other photo rendering program) or colored pencils (good quality; crayola at minimum)
-Assignment: a picture of a human or animal in a realistic style colored and shaded in a manner similar to my presentation
-A tutorial style devition by myself and a possible demonstration via youtubeSpace Available - 13/15
Sign up for this class via a note to the instructor.Journal Coding Class
(crash course) Instructor SongOfLivesCreating customized journals. Read syllabus for more info. Click here.Space Available - 9/10
Sign up for this class via note to the instructor.Traditional Art Class
(crash course) Instructor wondering-soulsDoing traditional art. Syllabus: docs.google.com/document/d/1vf…Space Available - 5/5
Sign up for this class via note to the instructor.
Instructors, please state the number of free slots for your class, thank you!
*Instructors are still in progress of being added so more classes will be listed*